Join us for a fun day of Drupal Training led by Saforian's Technical Director, Chaz Chumley. There are only 13 seats available so please register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot! Lunch will be provided.
Drupal 7 Site Building
- Learn how to setup and configure a Drupal 7 website with the most common features needed for any project.
- We will discuss best practices for managing users, creating content, defining custom content types using the fields UI, displaying data using views, extending Drupal capabilities with modules and changing the appearance using themes.
- Experience with web development.
- A laptop with an existing web server already configured (MAMP or WAMP preferred).
** This course is suitable both for new and experienced Drupal users who want to broaden their skills.
- Overview of Drupal
- Managing Users
- Understanding Nodes
- Navigating the Menu System
- Content Types and Fields
- How to extend Drupal with Modules
- Best practice configuration
- Simple theming
- Controlling content layout with Display Suite
- Displaying data with Views.
Meet Chaz: Chaz has been specializing in Open Source web and database development with emphasis in responsive design. His experience has allowed him to participate in such ventures as an Open Source engineer for the Smithsonian and as CTO for w3consultants, working with various organizations on Drupal projects. Chaz has worked as an author for Lynda.com, creating their video learning series for Drupal 7 and has served as an Instructor at the University of Nevada Las Vegas teaching Drupal and various web technologies. Chaz is a contributing author and partner at CommunityMX, where he has written numerous articles and tutorials. He is a User Group Manager for Adobe and has appeared as a guest speaker at various conferences such as EdUI and CFUnited.
Get your ticket here -- http://saforian.eventbrite.com