The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a volunteer-driven home improvement store that accepts and resells new and gently used building materials, appliances and furniture to the general public at a fraction of their normal retail price. Our first ReStore is based out of San Carlos, and all proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco to fund the construction of homes in San Francisco, Marin and the Peninsula.
Please help us spread the word about the ReStore! Tell your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers they can help by volunteering, donating quality used building materials or simply by shopping at the Habitat ReStore.
To make sure we help make your volunteer time an enjoyable, yet safe, experience, here are some things to prepare for beforehand:
1. Please wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little dust, or maybe a splatter of paint on. It can get a little chilly in the ReStore, so bring layers!
2. Close toe shoes, like tennis shoes, that will protect your feet & toes, will work best for this project.
3. If you have a safety belt, bringing it and using while working at the site will be good for your back.
4. If you’re volunteering all day, please make sure to bring your lunch or snacks. We have a volunteer break room with fridge, water and microwave.
5. Our main marketing is word-of-mouth, so we want to ensure a great experience for both volunteers and shoppers. We have a small parking lot and we reserve those spaces for ReStore customers. Please park on Industrial Road, across the street, or behind the power station across the street. Thank you for your understanding.
Upon arrival, introduce yourself to a ReStore staff member or regular volunteer. You’ll get set up with waiver forms, have a ten-minute orientation, learn about the day’s projects, and then start volunteering!