align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Geo DC Message Board › OpenStreetMap conference in Portland Oct 13-14

OpenStreetMap conference in Portland Oct 13-14

Bonnie B.
bonniebogle
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Hi all,

OpenStreetMap, the community map of the world that we've heard a lot about in presentations at past meetups, is hosting its national conference October 13-14 in Portland, OR. While not exactly local, I wanted to share some details with you all since it should be a great event.

The conference will bring together the community of people using, contributing to, and working with OpenStreetMap data, and will look to the future around where the project is going and how its map data will improve to continue to challenge competitors like Google, Bing, and others. It's right before the NACIS cartography conference and will be integrated with WhereCamp PDX, so it will be a good time to be a geonerd in Portland.

State of the Map is a community-based conference, and there's an open call for session proposals - which are due Friday, August 31. If you're working with OpenStreetMap - whether on a project, in an app, or contributing to the data set - consider submitting a session.

Registration for the conference is open and the two-day event costs $80. More details are available at http://stateofthemap....­.

If you have any questions, just hit me up - I'm helping to organize the event.

Cheers,

Bonnie