January 11, 2014 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
**** YOU MUST HAVE ATTENDED AN ORIENTATION* AT SAVE THE HORSES TO ATTEND THIS EVENT****
• Come prepared to work - rain or shine.
• You must have attended the Orientation session to attend this Meetup.
• Spend an hour or two (whatever time you can spare)
• Wear closed toe shoes.
• Bring work gloves (optional.)
Some duties include:
• Feeding horses and other animals
• Turning out horses into the pasture
• Cleaning (muck) stalls
• Add shavings to clean stalls. (Do not put shavings under the water buckets and only put down a thin layer.)
• Fill water buckets in barn (buckets are dumped and washed out on Saturday mornings and as needed)
• Give hay to any horses remaining in barn (some Horses get soaked cubes or different hay)
• Check and fill water troughs outside, in each pasture and small pens, including petting zoo, scrub troughs as needed
• Other duties as needed.
***VOLUNTEERS ARE THE BACKBONE OF THE RESCUE FARM***
About Save the Horses - A No Kill Shelter
The mission of Save the Horses is to improve the quality of life for all horses, thereby improving the lives of people through their bond with the horses. We are committed to the rescue and rehabilitation of equines suffering from abuse, as well as the successful retirement of working equines. We strive to improve public awareness and knowledge regarding the standards of care necessary to insure the health and safety of all equines.
Please note that STH needs volunteers 7 days a week. Come by the farm ANY DAY at 8am or 3pm (feeding times.) No need to call. Just tell them that you are there to volunteer. Thank you so much for your support.
*Orientations are held at 11am on this date. Please see the calendar to RSVP.