Update: If you're on the RSVP list, please fill out this spreadsheet with your contact info so we can arrange for carpools and gear.
Hey guys. let's do some bad ass trad and sport climbing at Donner pass
Things you will need:
*Gear (rope, webbing, draws, shoes, harness, etc)
*Food & water
*sunscreen and bug spray as needed
*Guide book or map of routes
*Swimsuit - Truckee River
* An adventuresome spirit
*Safety is key. Look at safety guidelines on discussion board
http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/North_America/United_States/California/Lake_Tahoe/Donner_Summit/Goose Meadows Campground, #08 & #10
Camspsite is located between the Truckee River and Highway 89, five miles from Truckee, and not far from Tahoe City. Visitors enjoy the area for its fishing and hiking opportunities, as well as its proximity to Lake Tahoe.
The campground is situated on the banks of the Truckee River. A scenic forest of lodgepole pine and fir trees covers the area.
The campground offers single-family campsites, each equipped with a picnic table, campfire ring and grill. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided.
Goose Meadows is centrally located between the Prosser, Boca and Stampede reservoirs to the north, and Lake Tahoe and Squaw Valley to the south. A variety of outdoor recreational activities is available at each location.
Activities and Amenities
- Drinking Water
- Firewood Vendor
- Ranger Station
- River Access
- Trash Collection
- Vault Toilets
Within 10 Miles
- Fuel Available
- General Store
- Grocery Store
- Pay Phone
Know Before You Go
- In accordance with standard industry practices, Tahoe Recreation will be assessing a $5 additional vehicle fee on the "second vehicle" in each single family campsite, and on the "third and fourth vehicle" in any double family campsite, provided these vehicles are not joined to the first vehicle by a hitch and towed onto the site. In the case of motorcycles, the first two are considered to be one vehicle and the third and fourth are also considered to be one vehicle. No additional vehicle fees are collected for bicycles.
- Bears frequent the area; all food must be kept in approved containers
- Off-road vehicle use is prohibited within the campground
- Fire restrictions may apply during summer months
- This facility is operated by Tahoe Recreation, doing business as California Land Management and comments are welcome; forms are available from campground hosts or online
- Click here for more information on the Tahoe National Forest
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
From Truckee, Calif., take Highway 89 south for 5 miles to the campground.
Contact Information: Phone Number:
As a reminder, please read again the GYCO helmet policy and liability waiver:
We strongly recommend you wear a helmet while climbing on a GYCO meetup. If you arrive at a GYCO outdoor climbing trip without a climbing helmet or are unable to borrow one from a peer, you may be asked to clear the climbing area or leave the meetup by your organizer should any safety issues occur. This policy is put in place to reduce the risk of injury to yourself and others from falling rocks and climbing gear so please respect your organizer, meetup participants and GYCO's safety policy.
Climbing is inherently a dangerous sport and to minimize the risk of injury, GYCO strongly recommends that ALL outdoor rock climbing trip participants wear a climbing approved helmet. By RSVPing for a meetup, you are solely responsible for your own safety and you acknowledge and voluntarily agree that rock climbing entails significant risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, possible death, or damage to self, property, or even third parties; By RSVPing for a meetup this confirms you accept and assume all responsibility and risks that could occur in this activity, whether caused or allegedly caused by negligence or natural occurrences within GYCO and that you voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless GYCO and/or any of its Organizers from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected to your participation in this Meetup. In order to participate in this meetup you must abide by these terms.