Get Your Climb On Message Board › Looking to get started!

Looking to get started!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Everybody!

I'm looking to start climbing outdoors! I've been climbing for the last year or so in gym, and just never got the chance to go outdoors and see what it was like. I have shoes, harness, atc, carabiners, chalk, and a great attitude! Starting work in Pleasanton, and I really want to meet fellow climbing enthusiasts and be outdoors. Also looking at climbing gyms to join (Touchstone or City Beach?)

(650) 346-5332 is my number, give me a call or a text sometime!
Michael D.
GYCO
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 53
Hey Ani. Welcome to GYCO. If you want to come outdoors you might consider upcoming meetups to Pinnacles, Mt Diablo, Castle Rock, St Helena, Lake Tahoe, Beaver Street in SF, Cragmont Park in Berkeley for starters. We hope to plan some of these meetups over the next few weeks...of course weather appropriate

Also, friends in the meetup Vitalay Korolev and Jane Degtiareva go to City Beach. They are a young married couple who I climb with all the time. fun, friendly and funny. you might email them directly to meet them there to climb with them. They can introduce you around.

Lastly we have a standing meetup at Mission Cliffs in Sf every wednesy at 6. we climb until 8 sometimes later and while its far you can meet me and other cool peers :)

Hope to see you out on the rocks soon :)

Michael Dorame
Founder, GYCO
415-505-7318