Thank you for signing up to help Project Open Hand at the San Francisco Marathon!
• We are looking forward to an early start and helping to nourish the runners of this sold out race.
• Our water station will be open from 6:00 – 11:00 a.m., allowing for appropriate set-up and breakdown times. So please plan on arriving by 5:50 a.m.
• If you cannot make it by then but want to participate, just let me know what you might be there between 6am-11am.
• Please arrive on a full stomach as there is no food provided.
• We will be located on the East Side of Transverse Drive (South of JFK Drive) near Fulton Street. I will send a map and more information once you have signed up.
Please note the road closures: http://www.thesfmarathon.com/race-weekend/race-traffic-advisory/, as it may affect how you’ll be arriving. Parking is limited, so taking public transportation is the best course of action.
Please check the SFMTA site for service interruptions on Sunday: http://www.sfmta.com/calendar/alerts, there isn’t anything currently posted, but I’ll do my best to check-in and provide more information. We’ll be on the Fulton side of the park between 22nd and 25th streets.
This is an event perfect for kids over the age of 15.
Important: Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Layers are best as Golden Gate fluctuates through out the morning. The Water Station is at Mile 16 and will only be for Project Open Hand Volunteers.
Let me know if you have any questions. Final information and email on Friday.
Co-Organizer, Get Volunteering