Get Volunteering Message Board › on Setting Up Volunteer Events
|A former member||
As setting up a volunteer event can take up to a few hours of research and email correspondence and/or telephone tag only to net out without an event, I'm going to propose that non-profit organizations contact me directly. Of course this is in addition to whatever event research I'm currently conducting.
If you have an organization that could benefit from our assistance, please have them contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the parameters with which we'll work
- can work with a volunteer group in a 3-4 hours shift during the normal work week (M-F, 9a-5p)
- accommodate groups of 5-15 volunteers (although sign-ups have been leaning 5-7)
- does NOT require more than 15-30 minutes in training, applications, background checks, or medical clearance to work at a facility
- ideally, would be accessible via public transit
- located in the SF/Oakland areas