Girl Develop It Austin Message Board › Class idea: Intro to git and github

Class idea: Intro to git and github

Janet S
user 8358657
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I think this would be a great follow-on to the "Intro to Programming" class. It's more of the stuff surrounding programming that typically isn't covered in programming classes.

I'm not volunteering to teach it -- I'd like to take it. I've used SVN and other traditional version control systems, but I'm not confident in using distributed source control.
Diya
user 12608741
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
I think this would be a great follow-on to the "Intro to Programming" class. It's more of the stuff surrounding programming that typically isn't covered in programming classes.

I'm not volunteering to teach it -- I'd like to take it. I've used SVN and other traditional version control systems, but I'm not confident in using distributed source control.

I have been using Git and GitHub for over a year now. I can teach you and others if interested.

Thanks
Danielle
user 7987223
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
This is a great idea! I'd be interested in signing up for this class.
Diya
user 12608741
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
This is a great idea! I'd be interested in signing up for this class.

Great, if I get interest from the other developers/nerdettes I'll love to teach the class :)

Thanks
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd be interested!
Jen T.
user 13704532
Austin, TX
I'd be interested, as would Amenity
Veronica O.
geeodz
Austin, TX
I would definitely benefit from taking an intro to git/github class. I just don't git it.... HA! GIT it?.... HA! I'm awesome.... but seriously, would love to see this.
Barbara S.
BarbaraShaurette
Austin, TX
Post #: 24
I've got a curriculum and classroom materials already developed - I taught this class for PyLadies back in January: http://www.meetup.com...­

I'd be happy to do it again, if someone can arrange for a location. It takes about two hours to go through the materials, so it can be done on a weeknight. The only time I'll be unavailable is the week of JSConf, at the end of May.