Goals of the class:
• Introduce you to MV* design patterns
• Learn Backbone.js basics (including models, views, and routers)
• Learn how to organize a Backbone.js project using AMD modules
• Learn REST and domain driven design basics as it pertains to Backbone.js
• Learn how to write functional and unit tests for Backbone.js projects
This class takes place over four consecutive Tuesday evenings, as follows:
Tuesday, May 6th - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Tuesday, May 13th - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Tuesday, May 20th - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Tuesday, May 27th - 6:30pm to 8:30pm
The cost of the class covers all four classes. Please review our refund policy before committing to this class, as we are unable to offer refunds. Financial aid in the form of scholarships is available, please email the leadership team to request an application.
A modern laptop bought within the last 5 years (Note: a netbook or tablet is NOT a substitute!) Google Chrome installed (or Firefox is ok) A text editor installed. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (It's free and available for both Mac and PC).