Bootstrap, an open source front-end framework, is one of the most popular front-end frameworks for building responsive websites. Bootstrap is currently in use on over 30,000 sites across the web and allows designers and developers of all skill levels to build responsive websites quickly.
In this workshop, we will demonstrate how to use Bootstrap as a foundation for a small web project. We will be building a Bootstrap-based website from scratch, incorporating the responsive grid system, and see the basic CSS in action.
This is a hands on workshop that will cover:
• Downloading Bootstrap and incorporating it into an HTML document
• Working with the Bootstrap responsive grid system
• Exploring Bootstrap’s core CSS, overriding this CSS using standard CSS techniques
• Incorporating Bootstrap’s image formatting elements and icons
• Creating and styling fully responsive interactive menus with Bootstrap.
• If we have time: Incorporating jQuery plugins with Bootstrap, including thumbnails, modal windows, and tabs
• Homework after the workshop: incorporate dropdown menus, and other fun Bootstrap add ons.
This workshop will be taught by Caitlin McKenna & Cara Jo.
• Your laptop and charger.
• Sublime Text 2 or 3 or text editor of your choice.
• Download the workshop files and have them on your computer before attending class. gdiboulder.com/bootstrap
• As always, Wifi & power strips will be provided
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE NEEDED
• Good knowledge of how HTML & CSS work and how they interact with each other
• Knowledge of basic CSS targeting (IDs, classes, elements, etc.)
• Building basic HTML based web pages with divs, using IDs and classes to connect CSS
We're here to help! If you have additional questions or would like to talk further before signing up for a class, please contact Cara Jo Miller ([masked]) or Kate Bierbaum ([masked]).
This is a donation based workshop; all money goes back to the chapter to for scholarships & to host more workshops and events!
1215 Spruce Street 3rd floor
Boulder, CO 80301
This class is generously hosted by Simple Energy.
NOTE: If we have less than 5 people signed up for this class up to a week before the starting date, it will be postponed for a later date.