Want to learn how to build your own website? Already have your own Tumblr/Wordpress/etc site, but want to have more control over it? Interested in learning to program but want to start small? This class is for you!
We will guide you through the basics of HTML and CSS, give you some readily-applicable skills, and answer any questions you may have along the way.
The course will be facilitated by Erin M. Kidwell, local GDI coordinator, and taught by Heather Glenn Rock, experienced software developer.
This 4-class HTML/CSS course runs for four Tuesdays:
- Class 1, HTML Basics: August 7th, 7-9pm
- Class 2, Introduction to CSS: August 14, 7-9pm
- Class 3, CSS Positioning and Page Layout: August 21, 7-9pm
- Class 4, Common Web Layouts, Tips and Tricks: August 28, 7-9pm
At this time, you will need to provide your own laptop - PC or Mac - to participate in the course.
Please install the following prior to class:
- Aptana version 3, a web development tool. (For Macs, requires at least OS v10.5. A free alternative you can use if you are on OS 10.4 is Komodo Edit.)
Also, as an alternative to Internet Explorer, please install either Chrome, Safari, or Firefox + Firebug:
- Firebug, a Firefox extension with a plethora of tools handy in web development
- Firefox browser
This course will take place at The Brandery, so you must provide your FULL NAME when you enroll to be admitted into the building. The Brandery is located at 1411 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. Street parking and a pay-lot are both available.
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Erin at [masked].
Please note our refund policy: Your payment of $80 guarantees your seat in the entire course. If something changes after registration and you cannot attend the course, you must notify us at least 3 days before the first class to receive a refund. If you have to miss a class, we will provide code from class and any slides, but we do not offer partial refunds based on individual class absences.