Want to learn how to build your own website? Already have your own Tumblr/Wordpress/etc site, but want to have more control over it? Interested in learning to program but want to start small? This class is for you!
We will guide you through the basics of HTML and CSS, give you some readily-applicable skills, and answer any questions you may have along the way.
The course will be facilitated by Erin M. Kidwell and instructred by John Back at the Brandery with 3-4 teaching assistants present during each class.
This 4-class HTML/CSS course runs for four Tuesdays:
- Class 1, HTML Basics: January 29, 7-9pm
- Class 2, Introduction to CSS: February 5, 7-9pm
- Class 3, CSS Positioning and Page Layout: February 12, 7-9pm
- Class 4, Common Web Layouts, Tips and Tricks: February 19, 7-9pm
At this time, you will need to provide your own laptop - PC or Mac - to participate in the course.
Please install the following prior to class:
- Aptana version 3, a web development tool. (For Macs, requires at least OS v10.5. A free alternative you can use if you are on OS 10.4 is Komodo Edit.)
Also, as an alternative to Internet Explorer, please install either Chrome, Safari, or Firefox + Firebug:
- Firebug, a Firefox extension with a plethora of tools handy in web development
- Firefox browser
John Back is a web developer based in Cincinnati, OH. He currently works as a developer for Rockfish Digital with a focus on backend development and rapid prototyping. John is active in the startup community with such startups as Canopi. John enjoys living in downtown Cincinnati, competitive kickball, and being a vegetarian. He also blogs about being a startup CTO at http://accidentalcto.blogspot.com.
This course will take place at The Brandery, so you must provide your FULL NAME when you enroll to be admitted into the building. The Brandery is located at 1411 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. Street parking and a pay-lot are both available.