This class is a four-week series meeting from 6:15-8:15 p.m. on March 12, March 19, March 26, and April 2.
Want to learn how to build your own website? Already have your own site and want to have more control over it? Interested in learning to program but want to start small? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, this course is for you!
If you've experienced frustration when trying to build your own websites before...
have no fear! Girl Develop It will help you tackle the basics of HTML and CSS without breaking a sweat. This beginner-level program will teach you the basics and help you along the way as you develop your own website.
By the end of the class, HTML and CSS will no longer be your foes. You'll be like:
Dates: Wednesday March 12, March 19, March 26, and April 2 from 6:15-8:15 p.m.
Location: Corvisa Services, 1610 N 2nd St #101, Milwaukee, WI 53212 | (414)[masked]
• Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay).
• A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox with Firebug installed.
• A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (free; available for both Mac and PC).
• What is HTML? How does it interact with the browser?
• Basic layout of an HTML page, including nesting.
• Basic HTML elements, such as paragraphs and lists.
• What is CSS? How does it work? How do you use it?
• Font changes, color changes, styles, layouts, and positioning with CSS.
• Using divs, spans, ids, and classes to style your content.
• The box model, floats, columns, headers, and footers.
If you are unsure if you should take Intro or Intermediate, use the above topic list to help to determine which class is more suited to your skills. Intermediate classes will be scheduled in the coming months.
Instructor: Erin Wilbur
Erin is Sr Interactive Designer with Corvisa Services managing, designing and developing websites as well as UX design for various projects. She enjoys making things and helping others make cool things!