What we'll cover:
- Why use jQuery?
- Downloading & including jQuery
- the jQuery function and its shorthand, $
- Selecting/Modifying HTML elements
- Hiding and revealing elements
- Fading elements in and out
- Plugins - what they are & how they help you
- Query UI widgets
You will need:
- Your laptop. A tablet is not a substitute.
- A code editor. We recommend SublimeText (PC/Mac) or Notepad++ (PC).
- A modern browser. We recommend Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with the Firebug plugin.
About our teacher:
Karissa is a front end web developer at Drexel University by day, and moonlights as an instructor for University of the Arts and GDI. She has a B.A. in Digital Media from Drexel and has lived and breathed the web for over 10 years. She is a co-organizer of Girl Geek Dinners, GDI's sister group in Philly and loves all things nerdy.