Our overall mission at Girl Develop It is to lessen the gender gap in IT by providing affordable and accessible programs to women. Technically Philly ran a story today on 7 members who now work for Philly tech firms thanks to our organization. We want to feature these women as well and celebrate their success. Congratulations to all of you!
- LeeAnn Kinney, who was previously an administrative assistant and now is a front end developer for Bayada Home Health Services in Old City
- Lisa Yoder, who worked as an editor and proofreader and now works as a junior front end developer for Urban Outfitters
- Ashley Chapokas, who was an administrative assistant at video distribution network Poptent and now a web developer at Conshohocken ecommerce optimization company Monetate
- Alexandra Hoefinger, who was a web content administrator and grant writer for a homeless services nonprofit, then an apprentice at South Philly web dev firm P’unk Ave and now a junior front end web developer atUrban Outfitters
- Jana Veliskova, who worked in IT support for Penn‘s medical school, took an internship with AWeber‘s Jessica Ivins (whom she met in part due to GirlDevelopIt) and is now a front-end developer at Weblinc
Did you switch jobs because of our classes? We'd love to feature you as well. Email us at [address removed] and share your story.