addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Girl Develop It Philadelphia Message Board › GirlDevelopIt members get 20% off StartupWeekend Philly tickets

GirlDevelopIt members get 20% off StartupWeekend Philly tickets

Yasmine M.
myasmine
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know of a partnership we established with StartupWeekend. This nationwide event provides individuals the opportunity to launch a Company in 54 hours. It includes entrepreneurs, designers, developers, marketers, business people - pretty much anyone - to band together and build a product or service over a weekend.

I've participated in two of these the last year and the experience/connections I gained have been unforgettable. I blogged about it here: http://www.myasmine.c...­.

The event is coming to Philly this October. They're specifically looking for developers and designers but anyone can sign up at http://philly.startup...­. Use GirlDev20 for $20 off your ticket.

I'll be attending and I hope to see some of you there!

Best,

Yasmine
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Yasmine!

I love this and would absolutely LOVE to participate.

My background is in design (degree in digital art and design/job in 3D design) but I have a really awesome business idea (I'm in need of a developer [preferably female since it has to do with clothes, shopping and fashion] unless I can learn to do it myself, which is part of the reason I joined this group!). I'm not sure if I should register for a designer ticket or wait and see if any business tickets open up.

If I'm not able to pitch my idea, I'd still really love to participate. I think it would be an amazing experience and (since I'm moving to Philly over the next year) I could make some connections for my business idea or maybe even get a job with a start up to get some experience.

Please let me know what you think I should do. I'd have to miss some work for the event, which I'm sure my company won't love, but it would be worth it! You can email me at Jebrodsky@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jessie

Yasmine M.
myasmine
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 2
Hey Jessie,

I'm glad to hear it! In actuality, anyone can pitch whether they get a business ticket, developer ticket or designer ticket. Talk to me at the next class and I'll share some tips from my experience. My first pitch didn't make the finals when I attended last year and I used what I learned there at the MD event a few months ago where I placed.

Either way, you're definitely going to walk away with connections that will serve you well in the long-term.

Best,

Yasmine

Hi Yasmine!

I love this and would absolutely LOVE to participate.

My background is in design (degree in digital art and design/job in 3D design) but I have a really awesome business idea (I'm in need of a developer [preferably female since it has to do with clothes, shopping and fashion] unless I can learn to do it myself, which is part of the reason I joined this group!). I'm not sure if I should register for a designer ticket or wait and see if any business tickets open up.

If I'm not able to pitch my idea, I'd still really love to participate. I think it would be an amazing experience and (since I'm moving to Philly over the next year) I could make some connections for my business idea or maybe even get a job with a start up to get some experience.

Please let me know what you think I should do. I'd have to miss some work for the event, which I'm sure my company won't love, but it would be worth it! You can email me at Jebrodsky@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jessie