align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Girl Develop It Philadelphia Message Board › Updates for HTML5/CSS3 Clas on Saturday

Updates for HTML5/CSS3 Clas on Saturday

Allison W.
user 18492011
Philadelphia, PA
Hi everyone!

I'm really looking forward to our class next weekend!! As discussed in the class description, we're going to build a one-page personal site a la onepagelove.com. We'll spend some time on day 1 reviewing basics and then dive right into markup and CSS from there!

Few quick things I'd like you to be aware of:

• Please make sure you have Sublime Text 2Google Chrome downloaded and installed
  • In the next few days I'll share a link to a Google doc with you all that I'll keep running through the class to add relevant links to as they come up.
  • If you scored a 66% or lower on the quiz, it's critical you watch HTML & CSS: The Very Basics, a video tutorial, prior to our first class.
  • If you scored over 66%, please watch this short video reviewing CSS floats, & this short video reviewing CSS positioning. Don't worry if you struggle with any of these concepts, we'll review them in class together, but I think a quick primer on these more tricky topics might be helpful for you.
  • Class starts promptly at 1pm on Saturday at Indy Hall and will run wil 5pm. We'll take frequent breaks so you're not too too overloaded.

That's it for now… Yay! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at alliwag@gmail.com, if not, I look forward to seeing you all at Indy Hall on Saturday :)

Allison

ps. Checkout our FB group, it's a great place to post questions and get the latest GDI news.