Dev Bootcamp and GirlDevelopit invite you to participate in a Git and Github training. This training will be provided by instructors from Github itself.
About the class:
The Foundations class helps you, as a newcomer to Git and GitHub, fully grasp the the concepts and application of distributed version control so that you can effectively begin using this productivity-enhancing suite of tools. During this live training course, we’ll explore the foundations of Git and GitHub through practical every-day commands and processes. We’ll conclude with workflow ideas and practical tips that will get you on the road to mastery of this revolutionary version control system.
- Git and your initial setup
- Git configuration and its inheritance
- SSH Authentication and your first repository
- Understanding and thinking in Git's three stages
- Adding, committing, and diff-ing code changes
- The Similarity Index; Moving, Renaming, and Removing files
- Reviewing version history in Git
- Strategies for efficiency
- Managing and using Git Remotes
- Branching, Tagging, and Stashing
- Merging, Rebasing, and managing conflicts
- Undoing your work with Git
- Making Git work with SVN
- Understand how Git works and how to apply that to day to day development.
- Learn how GitHub makes distributed collaboration both effective and enjoyable.
- Practice the use of Pull Requests to make contributions to any project.
- Learn the basic 10 commands that will appear in your every-day use of Git.
- Know how to “back out” mistakes using Git’s incredible history and ability to revert almost any change.
- Leverage the features of GitHub for easier collaboration with colleagues.
- Discover how the offline capabilities of Git work.
Before class, please follow the instructions in the prerequisites.
*We will be providing lunch
Please note that we cannot issue refunds, since there's an overhead to issuing refunds via Meetup.com and we already offer the workshops at such a low-cost. We put proceeds into the chapter fund, which we use as our scholarship fund.