How Your Company Can Help
Girl Develop It is a nonprofit organization that provides affordable programs for adult women interested in learning web and software development in a judgment-free environment.
When you sponsor us, it means that we can support more students and make sure our teachers are adequately compensated for the vast amount of time they put into teaching.
There are a few ways you can help:
- Sponsor a childcare program: Is your company interested in supporting the parents of GDISF? We are looking for a sponsor who is interested in providing a stipend or substantial spending account for individual students who need childcare during workshop hours. Our classes are either on weekday evenings or on weekends, and sometimes stretch over multiple days.
- Bring a workshop to a new community: Our workshops are typically held downtown in SF, but there are many other communities that we could reach in The Richmond, The Sunset, and The Bayview. Help us provide a venue for up to 30 students and food.
- Bring a workshop to a nonprofit partner: Help empower nonprofit organizations with technology. The nonprofit partner will select up to 30 students and provide a venue onsite for learning. Your sponsorship would cover student fees, teacher payment, and food for the workshop.
- Teach an advanced skill: Our advanced students like to learn, too! If you'd like to teach our students industry-relevant skills, we'd love to hear from you! Here's what we're looking for:
- Empowering tone of voice
- Experienced teacher who is capable of reaching a variety of different learning styles
- Hands-on exercises for every 30 minutes of lecture
If you would like to support us in any of those ways, please send us a message