Girl Geek Dinners Melbourne Message Board › Our 2013 events guide! We need volunteers.

Our 2013 events guide! We need volunteers.

Tammy B.
user 12098348
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 2
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who voted on our survey and helped create the 2013 Girl Geek Dinners Melbourne events calendar!

Please let us know which events you are able to help organise. We need two volunteers per event.

We have chosen the month.. you choose the date!

January
Design Workshop

February
Public Speaking Workshop

March
Women at Work Panel

April
Personal Branding Workshop

May
Managing People Panel

June
Social Media Workshop

July
Charging What You Are Worth Panel

August
Programming (Frontend e.g. jQuery, CSS, HTML)

September
Futurists Panel

October
Web Directions South Conference

November
Wordpress Workshop

Thanks!
Tammy
tammybutow@gmail.com
Karan W.
user 63460612
Gold Coast, AU
Post #: 1
Hi Tammy

Subject to the other volunteers and the final dates, I can offer up assistance for the Social Media Workshop (June) and Web Directions Conference (October).

Great to see you're in early getting 2013 sorted. My diary, like many others fills very quickly!

Thanks
Karan
Jess
user 42180662
Melbourne, AU
Hi

I can be included for May or June - I am an IT Manager, and do a lot of work with Social Meidia - so these are relative also.

Thanks
Jess
Rachel B.
user 59636362
Melbourne, AU
I can volunteer for personal branding in April - perhaps we can pencil in a particular date once you know who else will be helping out?
Michelle T.
user 12935606
Melbourne, AU
Hello

I'd be keen to volunteer for the may event, managing people, as I am really passionate about this topic. I currently manage a team of 5.

Cheers
Michelle
jarich
jarich
Melbourne, AU
I am extremely happy to present and run a workshop on conference speaking, which is sort of like the public speaking one in February.

However, I have had a hellish year, health-wise this year, and don't know what February will bring. So while I can certainly talk about writing a good abstract, giving a good talk etc. I'm not confident I won't drop the ball with respect to other stuff like making the event happen.

If someone wants to collaborate with me, then I'll put my hand up to do the public speaking bit of this one.
A former member
Post #: 16
I'm happy to help out in February or May.
I manage a team of 16 people now and used to have 45.
The earlier suggestion for conference speaking is a good one - perhaps public speaking should be a bit more targeted, so we can help people with specific audience needs.
A former member
Hiya!

Happy to volunteer for Web Directions, Personal Branding, Public Speaking or Social Media.

I see a few people have chosen some of the already, so I'll leave it up to you to fit me in where I can be of use!

I have a presentation I put together on personal branding that I could offer up if that's at all useful!

A former member
Post #: 4
Hi!

I'd like to help out with:

Design (Jan)
Managing People Panel (May)
A former member

I can help with adding gamification design to the design workshop.