Girl Geek Dinners Philadelphia Message Board › Hacker School & $5,000 grants for women

Hacker School & $5,000 grants for women

A former member
Post #: 1
Hacker School is a 3-month collaborative coding school in NYC. Etsy's Engineering group is giving $5,000 grants (tuition is free, the money is for living expenses) to 10 women to try to improve the gender balance. Here's their blog post about it:
https://www.hackersch...­

This seems like an awesome opportunity and I'm posting to it Girls Geeks Philly because I think their schedule (11-7pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays) makes it borderline feasible for someone to do this while living in Philly. You could go up every day or stay over 2 nights a week. If you have questions about commuting to NY from Philly, talk to seasoned vets me or Pamosaur ;)

Cheers,
Michelle
A former member
Post #: 5
I DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone - Nick (one of the founders) is one of my friends from college - and he's awesome! I am sure anyone working with him would be super awesome, too! :) I'm considering going to Hacker School myself...