Girl Geek Dinners Philadelphia Message Board › Philadelphia QS Meetup next week

Philadelphia QS Meetup next week

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I just thought I'd post here to share that I'm presenting at next Wednesday's QuantifiedSelf meetup in Philly, about my own experiences with self-tracking. QuantifiedSelf is a somewhat recent movement (with an astounding number of meetup groups all over the world) dedicated to self-tracking of various sorts, whether it's health-related (weight, blood pressure, etc.), exercise, mood, the amount of time one spends e-mailing, etc. It happens to be another one of those geeky hobbies that's male-dominated, for whatever reason. (It's been suggested that the impulse to quantify one's habits is somehow "male," but...I dunno.)

Meetup details ­here (http://www.meetup.com...)­ if any of you ladies are interested in learning more.

Jana
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Jana,

Self tracking sounds interesting. I'd like to track my work, ie production, ROI time spent on projects or anything related to work and procrastination. Would that be something covered in self-tracking.

Pamela
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Pamela,

Yes, tracking work habits is something I'll be covering and sharing my experience with!

Jana