addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Girl Geeks Toronto Message Board Girl Geeks Toronto Discussion Forum › Anyone interested in starting a new meetup group for women in technology?

Anyone interested in starting a new meetup group for women in technology?

Laila
user 14115568
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
It appears that Girl Geek Dinner is not very active these days. I am interested in joining/starting another meetup similar. It does not have to be as ambitious as GGD with expert speekers etc.. It can be just a meetup for like minded women in computing/IT/technology. I live in York Region so more north in/of Toronto would be great for me.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Laila,

I live on Eglinton and Wynford and I would like to be the part of women + IT group of like minded people. I am in web design and social media design. I work at home and ready to talk to meet ..
polou_rugged
user 8668428
Toronto, ON
Hello Laila,

I live on Eglinton and Wynford and I would like to be the part of women + IT group of like minded people. I am in web design and social media design. I work at home and ready to talk to meet ..

I would, however I am not a designer myself, but would like to hear about current trends of use of social media and how social design could be of benefit for small business. An exchange of ideas would be an excellent way to start.
PK
Laila
user 14115568
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
If you are interested in meeting up, please let me know. We can pick a time, place, date.
Christine C
user 40846532
Toronto, ON
I am in North TO as well and would like to meet...nothing fancy, just to say Hello and kick off a Girls in IT group! I'm a Sr. Systems Analyst within Infrastructure. Looking forward to meeting other women in the technology field.
Caroline M.
user 17433801
Toronto, ON
Hi ladies,

Sorry for the late reply here. Girl Geeks Toronto is relaunching under a new committee, and we are dedicated to organizing regular meetups and events. We held a very successful kick-off lunch for women attendees of the FITC conference on April 23, 2012, and our first monthly meetup is scheduled for June 11, 2012. We will be announcing our great line up of speakers for the June event shortly, at which time we will also be opening up the RSVPs. We are quite active on Twitter at the moment so feel free to follow and connect with us there for upcoming events and tech news - @girlgeeksTO We certainly do love to hear that women in technology are interested in getting together and we will be sure to be holding events that will interest all!