This Meetup is definitely one of a kind!
It works pretty much like a flashmop and goes back to 1988 when the garden party of a man named Francois Pasquier was so crowded that the party was spontaneously relocated to the Bois de Boulogne (Paris).
“Dinner en blanc” is organized by a facebook group (link at the bottom) which decides the place and time where the picnic takes place.
The rules are as follows:
The place where the dinner takes place is secret (please don’t ask me- I have no idea where the picnic will be!). The group meets on 6 July (Saturday) at 6.30 PM at the Burgplatz and walks (5 Minutes) from there to the place where the dinner is being hold.
If you want to take part at the dinner en blanc you’ll need to consider the following things:
- · Everyone dresses in white from head to toe.
- · Since this is not like any ordinary picnic, you don’t sit on the gras, but bring your own table and chairs.
- · Everyone brings own food (ideally a three course dinner) and own drinks.
- · It is a dinner on style, so plastic of any kind is forbidden, but real glasses and china (Porzellanteller) are seen as a must.
- · a white table cloth which covers the table completely.
- · a white candle,
- · a white napkin (cloth)
- · a sparkler (Wunderkerze)
- · flowers for the table (optional)
- · a garbage bag, since we don’t want to leave any waste.
This is an official partner, friends and kids meetup, so feel free to bring a guest!
Regarding the number of tables I suggest that you pair up with another meetup member before the meetup if you are coming alone to the meetup. Please use the comment function (below) for that.
Please keep in mind that the dinner might be postponed to another date if it should rain on 6 July- check the facebook website for any updates!
Thanks to Lissa Fraser who told me about that event!