Help support your MeetupChip in
“The greatest gift of life is friendship” - Hubert Humphrey
“Friendships can have a major impact on your health and well-being. Friendships enrich your life and improve your health.” - Mayo Clinic
Remember how much fun we had hanging out with our girlfriends when we were kids? Then we grew up, got jobs, got married, became parents & grand parents and lost touch with our girlfriends. Well now it's time to have some of that girlfriend fun again. This group is about developing lasting friendships. Our goal is to stay a small group of close friends.
Most of us are our 55 - 60's but if you're close & would like to join us you're more than welcome. Just be aware that this group is not into the bar scene. It's not about meeting men. It's about good old-fashion girlfriends hanging out, laughing, going places together, having fun, and just simply enjoying life like we did when we were kids.
This is an incredibly friendly & welcoming group. You're sure to feel comfortable right from the start. So if just sitting around getting old is not for you, then leave the stress behind and join us. You'll be glad you did.
“Women over age 60 who are socially engaged and visit with friends and family throughout the week are happier as they age.” - Pat F. Bass III MD, MPH
“When it comes to happiness, your friends are the key.” - Susan Krauss Whitbourne, PhD
Is this the group for you?
• 1 This group is about develop lasting friendships. Our events are just something fun for friends to enjoy together. If you're just looking for something to do once in a while this is not the group for you.
• 2 We are a Bloomingdale/Roselle group. If you do not live in the area or are not interested in traveling to this area at least twice a month then this is not the group for you.
• 3 If you sign up for an event, show up. If something should come up, respectfully change your RSVP. Don't stand us up. If this is a problem for you this is not the group for you.
• 4 No cliques! If you tend to end up in a little clique when you join a group then this is not the group for you.
• 5 This is an up beat group. Come here to have fun not to complain. If you need help or just girlfriend talk we're here for you. But if you're a constant complainer this is not the group for you.
* However if this works for you & you love having fun with your girlfriends then this is the group for you & we'd love to have you join us.
“I’d rather have a group of 10 real friends than a group of 100 people I barely know.” KC
“Running a group is a real commitment. It takes a lot of time & effort. It can also get expensive. I'm happy to make that commitment for friends that are serious about the group.” SM
"I prefer a smaller group. It gives us the chance to get to know each other & become good friends." SV
7,271 Night Life Enthusiasts
2,185 Baby Boomers