Girly Friends is about meeting new people with a view to socialising, having fun and making long lasting friendships. If you are looking for nights out clubbing, going for drinks / dinner / cinema / to markets / shopping, fashion & beauty, afternoon teas, spa days, weekends away, and other fun events then this is the group for you!
I will arrange events for when I am free though in order to make the most of the group, I invite you to host your own events too. Either contact me to become an event host or simply click on the 'Suggest a Meetup' link from the home page and enter the details of what you would like to do. I will announce the event to the group allowing others to RSVP and join you.
* If you wish to host an event to promote a particular company or product please contact me first.
There are a few rules for the group which I hope you will adhere to:
- Treat others as you would like to be treated - ie with respect, in a friendly manner, etc.
- When hosting events, please post your contact details so others can reach you in case they can't find you or will be late.
- After you host an event, please update the attendees list to reflect any no-shows (if you are not sure how to do this, please contact me and I can give you instructions).
- If you have booked on to an event that you cannot make, please update your RSVP as soon as possible so the organiser knows you cannot attend. If cancelling within one hour of the start time, please also post on the wall of the event or contact the host directly.
- No shows (ie you RSVP'd yes, didn't attend, didn't update your RSVP, and didn't let the host know by phone/text that you weren't attending) will not be tolerated. Manners cost nothing and it only takes moments to let the host know you can't make it. If you do this three times you will be removed from the group.
- Profile photos should be of you, rather than a random picture. The aim of this group is to make new friends, which is much easier to do when you can see who else is in the group and booked onto events you are also booked on to. Also, without a photo, finding each other when meeting for events is much harder. If your picture is not of you then you are fully responsible for finding the event host as they will not be able to find you.
For those new to this site and/or group, don't feel nervous about attending you first event. We have all been there! Just know that we are all in the same boat - looking to make new friends - whatever our circumstances (moved to a new city, newly single, friends are settling down, etc.)
As with most things, you get out what you put in, so make the most of this group and before long you will have a thriving social life, lots of new friends and loads of great memories.
Hope to see you at an event soon x
4,391 City Slickers
10,074 Interested Listeners
6,633 Get Out Of Londoners
16,078 Gorgeous singles