Glamography West Message Board › Camera equipment

Camera equipment

A former member
Post #: 1
Canon or Nikon, which do you prefer and why.
Mal
user 41217502
Hampton, GA
I've shot primarily with Nikons since 1972, but have also used Canon, Pentax & a host of medium formats. Used to teach basic photojouralism using Canon F1. I've just got too much Nikon gear to switch...but probably wouldn't if I could.

Bottomline...it is not the camera but the person using the camera that matters most
David R
user 9608139
Newnan, GA
I shot with Minolta until 2008 when I got my Nikon. I spent a lot of time looking at the features / functionality of the Nikon and the Canon cameras. The two main reasons I settled on the Nikon was the lenses and the ability to override the automatic capabilities. I like to control the settings. I also like special effects (like double/triple exposures). My Nikon has delivered and exceeded my expectations.

I had a friend who bought a Canon at the same time I got my Nikon. She continually liked my photos better (even shooting the same subjects). Long story short, she bought a Nikon.

That's my 2 cents worth.