Moderate ride through Gilbert and Mesa
- Help newer road riders learn road riding etiquette and safety tips.
- Help folks who want to get stronger, improve fitness and prepare for longer distances.
- Lessen group ride intimidation and get cycling tips from more experienced riders.
- Improve confidence with clipless pedals, learning to drink while riding and steadiness.
- Rides start and end at the Gilbert shop on the NE corner of Gilbert and Guadalupe.
- ALL without the worry of being dropped or unable to manage a flat.
This ride will be at a pace of 16+ mph with distances between 32 and 45 miles, with pre-determined hydration/rest stops along the route. Routes vary with no hills to more challenging with fun rolling hills – check the comments below for the upcoming route. Ride may split in to A and B groups depending on the groups abilities. The A group pace is above 19 mph and the B group is between 15 and 19 mph, using hydration/rest stops as re-group points.
- Be sure to eat a light breakfast; suggestion: toast/peanut butter or oatmeal.
- Bring a road bike – you MUST wear a helmet to participate in this ride.
- If it is still dark when we take off you must have headlight and taillight as required by law.
- Bring plenty of water - we suggest 2 water bottles or a hydration pack.
- Bring a spare inner tube – stop by the store if you need a road side tool kit or lights.
- Wear comfortable clothing.Be prepared for two-three hours of riding.
- Arrive 15 minutes early and be sure to pump up tires.
- Obey traffic laws – you are responsible for your own safety.
Questions? post a question below. We hope to see you there!
Don’t forget to take one of our FREE "So you just got a bike" 101 clinics - check the calendar