Seva in the City is a secular, non political event where we reach out to some of the neediest people in our city. Seva in the City has transformed my life and I love sharing this event with you all. There are multiple meetup groups participating.
The Plan: Get Acquainted then walk approx 200 yards to the shelter (Maxwell Meighen Centre). They dont allow us to come inside so we would have to dispense our pledges outside. I think this is fantastic experience a) we experience the elements which the homeless have to live through b) we engage this inspiring population on their terms
The Pledge- bring one of the items requested below. Let me know in the comments section what your pledges are.
1) Blankets- If you have blankets no longer used and are willing to donate them to the neediest in our city- please bring them.
2) 5 Pairs of Gloves
3) Gently used Men's Boots
4) 10 Pairs of Socks
1) I would like us to be there by 9 am and leave Tim's by 9:15 am so please help us by arriving on time.
2) You're free to bring other items as well, e.g. gently worn clothes, fruits, etc. Pls run all items not on the pledge list by me beforehand.
3) Dress Appropriately for the weather!!!
4) Pls let me know beforehand by updating your RSVP if you cannot attend so we're not waiting around for you.