This is a peer-assistance community rather than a venue for profit-making or marketing. If there are activities with commercial purposes, you must contact and get approval from the main Organizer or Co-Organizer of this group. Do you agree?
No answer yet
To respect members in this community: You are NOT permitted to message members that you don't know personally. You are not supposed to message other members for marketing, advertising or promotion of companies, meetups, web sites... Do you Agree?
No answer yet
No introduction yet
This member chose not to make their Meetup membership information public.
This member chose not to make their interests public.
We are also connecting to a variety of non-profit "International Friends" communities worldwide. You can eventually have friends all over the world--friends you meet here and return to their home towns, friends you meet while traveling overseas, as well as people participating in the same webinars from different countries.
You get to visit "International Friends" or participate in group events for free if you travel there. If you just try it once, you would know that it is among the best ways to make a bunch of friends or meet like-minded people in a very short time--the unique power of "Meetup" relative to other social networks such as Facebook and else.
The objectives of our group and activities are three-fold:
(1) To promote cross-cultural dialogue and cultural/language exchange through a variety of free local activities and social events, as well as international trips.
(Participation in these events is always optional and the organizers are not charging for service.)
(2) To establish a global network of professionals in various disciplines.
(3) To build a chain of "International Friends" (iFriends) communities worldwide so that you have friends all over the world
We live in an ever-shrinking global village, where modern technologies connect people from any corner of the world in a way and intensity never seen before. We also have the fortune to live in a vibrant city that is home to diverse cultures and people of various ethnic backgrounds.
This group offers a unique opportunity to experience some of the many international cultures that Toronto hosts, to share your knowledge of your own cultural heritage or expertise with other event participants, and meet new friends and potential business partners as well as expand horizon while doing so.
Let's build a global network of international communities together and benefit each other as well as the society. Wouldn't it be nice if you travel to Europe,Tokyo, New York, Hong Kong, Thailand, or Shanghai, you get to meet lots of friendly and local residents there for free, and they may as well show you around and do the interpretation for you free of charge? Let alone the valuable information, assistance, friendship, and security... It may even facilitate the trips that were originally impossible for many of us.
What we like to achieve?
Through understanding and friendship, within the Toronto meetup community and across the globe, each of us serves as an ambassador for the promotion of "LIVING, LOVING & RESPECTING Each Other".
This group does not charge for membership, events, or services (except for your own orders and/or expenses demanded by other collaborating groups/organizations that host the respective events).
If you are a newcomer or just a visitor that happens to be traveling to Toronto, welcome to enjoy our service/events and contact this friendly group also!
All members are welcome to discuss within the group, and provide your valuable inputs and suggestions. Members are also welcome to propose events and activities for this group.
Rules to maintain your membership:
1. This is a peer-assistance community rather than a venue for profit-making or marketing. If there are activities with commercial purposes, you must contact and get approval from the main Organizer or Co-Organizer of this group.
2. To respect members in this community, you are NOT recommended to email/message members that you don't know personally. You are not supposed to message other members for marketing, advertising & promoting of companies, meetup groups, web sites... If anyone feels that she/he is being harassed, please contact a co-organizer of this group and we'll see what we can do.