Palo Alto, CAUSA
December 4, 2011
No answer yet
No answer yet
No answer yet
No introduction yet
** Meet People from All Walks of Life--Friendship without Boundaries **
TORONTO FRIENDS: 20 & 30 Somethings in Toronto
If you enjoy friendship, activities, music, arts,
networking, socializing, parties,
learning, sharing, inspiration, personal/professional development,
travel, culture, language, and/or some fun, and
you like them for free,
this is the group for you!!
*** EVERYONE IS WELCOME !! ***
* No matters you are in your early 20s, late 30s, just had your 40 yr-young birthday:) or simply enjoy hanging out with this crowd, welcome to join us and have fun!
* Our membership will ALWAYS be FREE, and we thrive to offer free events to our members. A community is great because of the members in it--join us and let's build up a great community together!
Dream BIG! We are seventy-five thousand (75,000) global citizens that meet locally in Toronto & connect globally to major cities worldwide.
Dream BIG in Toronto!
* A chain of over 10,000 friends globally
Travel & Adventures: DISCOVER TORONTO: The Adventures & Travel Meetup Group (2,700+ adventurers)
* Let's explore Toronto together & see what the city's got to offer!
Health, Wellness & Sports:
* A community that cares about the health & happiness of people around us:)
Service & Global Friendship:
* FREE service to the Toronto & international communities since 2007
We are also connecting to a variety of non-profit "International Friends" communities worldwide. You can eventually have friends all over the world--friends you meet here and return to their home towns, friends you meet while traveling overseas, as well as people participating in the same webinars from different countries.
You get to visit "International Friends" or participate in group events for free if you travel there. If you just try it once, you would know that it is among the best ways to make a bunch of friends or meet like-minded people in a very short time--the unique power of "Meetup" relative to other social networks such as Facebook and else.
The objectives of our group and activities are three-fold:
(1) To promote cross-cultural dialogue and cultural/language exchange through a variety of free local activities and social events, as well as international trips.
* Participation in these events is always optional and the organizers are not charging for service.
(2) To establish a global network of professionals in various disciplines.
(3) To build a chain of "International Friends" (iFriends) communities worldwide so that you have friends all over the world.
We live in an ever-shrinking global village, where modern technologies connect people from any corner of the world in a way and intensity never seen before. We also have the fortune to live in a vibrant city that is home to diverse cultures and people of various ethnic backgrounds.
This group offers a unique opportunity to experience some of the many international cultures that Toronto hosts, to share your knowledge of your own cultural heritage or expertise with other event participants, and meet new friends and potential business partners as well as expand horizon while doing so.
Let's build a global network of international communities together and benefit each other as well as the society. Wouldn't it be nice if you travel to Europe, Tokyo, New York, Hong Kong, Thailand, or Shanghai, you get to meet lots of friendly and local residents there for free, and they may as well show you around and do the interpretation for you free of charge? Let alone the valuable information, assistance, friendship, and security... It may even facilitate the trips that were originally impossible for many of us.
What we like to achieve?
Through understanding and friendship, within the Toronto meetup community and across the globe, each of us serves as an ambassador for the promotion of "LIVING, LOVING & RESPECTING Each Other".
This group does not charge for membership, events, or services (except for your own orders and/or expenses demanded by other collaborating groups/organizations that host the respective events).
If you are a newcomer or just a visitor that happens to be traveling to Toronto, welcome to enjoy our service/events and contact this friendly group also!
All members are welcome to discuss within the group, and provide your valuable inputs and suggestions. Members are also welcome to propose events and activities for this group.
Rules to maintain your membership:
1. This is a peer-assistance community rather than a venue for profit-making or marketing. If there are activities with commercial purposes, you must contact and get approval from the main Organizer or Co-Organizer of this group.
2. To respect members in this community, you are NOT recommended to email/message members that you don't know personally. You are not supposed to message other members for marketing, advertising & promoting of companies, meetup groups, web sites... If anyone feels that she/he is being harassed, please contact a co-organizer of this group and we'll see what we can do.
THE TORONTO FRIENDS NETWORK
*** Enjoy Life in This Most Diverse, Cultural, Quality City in the World ! ***
* Service & Give Back to the Community *
* Have fun locally, travel globally ! *
* For members & friends in this community:
If you happen to be traveling to the following cities or even thinking of the possibilities of staying somewhere overseas for a while (long or short), welcome to join the respective groups and connect to members there.
We'll be happy to facilitate a welcoming/social meetup for you while you arrive (without charge:), or contact our connections there for you in case you need assistance.
* We are thriving to connect to appropriate non-profits in some of these cities, but we are NOT associated/affiliated with any travel agencies or immigration companies etc.
More cities coming--Montreal, Vancouver, Rome, Berlin, Washington DC, Sydney, Dubai, Thailand...
* Where Entrepreneurs, Dreamers & Investors Meet Up
EPI-Net @ Silicon Valley, USA
EPI-Net @ New York
EPI-Net @ San Francisco
EPI-Net @ Bay Area
EPI-Net @ TORONTO:
Message (via Meetup): Dream BIG (*best way to reach me quickly*)
* Plz don't message the main Organizer's account (Long delay there otherwise.)
* Message "Dream BIG" again or email me at chris.meetup at hotmail.com if I didn't reply and you require timely reply. Thx! (I was tied up and when I wanted to reply I might not be able to find that message again--I am sometimes receiving 10-30 messages a day...)
* For important matters or relatively complicated issues that require follow-ups, we may want to move to emailing:
Email: chris.meetup at hotmail.com
Other means of contacts:
Line: chris.meetup (a timely manner to reach me without knowing my mobile number)
Mobile: provided upon request (Note: Text is preferred for those who have my mobile number.)
4,074 Theatre Lovers
4,450 Toronto Singles
6,297 Travel Enthusiasts
1,995 Friends (友)
4,674 ESL Speakers & Students
7,497 Friendly Members