Global DC Message Board › Learn to sail on the Chesapeake Bay!

Learn to sail on the Chesapeake Bay!

Shavanna
user 8081422
New York, NY
Hello everyone!

I've been looking at packages for learning to sail on the Chesapeake - it'd be a one-day introductory course to sailing. We'd meet Saturday morning, spend the day on the boat, then head back into town (maybe Tilghman Island), have dinner and drinks on the docks, spend Sat. night at an inn to avoid drunk driving, then head back to DC in the morning.

The only caveat is that the sailing lessons are pretty steep - probably around $200/person, and the inn will be another $80-100/person.

Another option would be to meet on the bay, then those who have signed up for sailing lessons can go out for the day, those who have not will spend the day in the historic towns on the Chesapeake, then everyone would meet up again in the evening for dinner.

Any interest? It's a lot of work planning these things, so I'd like to gauge interest first before moving ahead with it!

http://www.meetup.com/group-travel­

Let me know - post on the message board or shoot me an email! :)

-Shavanna
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm interested. cool The cost seems reasonable. I wonder if we can negotiate a group discount if a sizable number of people sign up.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm very interested in this; I love being on the water!