GlobalNet21: Recreating Our Futures Message Board Social Action › The Challenge youth programme: call for paid summer staff and volunteers

The Challenge youth programme: call for paid summer staff and volunteers

A former member
Post #: 36
Dear social activists,

I'm working for a new social change enterprise and my job is to recruit around 850 staff to help us deliver a youth and community programme next summer. Over 500 of these roles are paid positions and they are split between London, West Midlands and Northwest England.

I reckon that all of you must know at least one person who would be interested in applying for one of these roles. Suitable people could be youth workers, freelancers, newly qulified teachers, students etc... So, please forward this info to anyone who has experience working with young people. Even if they don't have experience, anyone with an interest in helping to create a brighter future for young people would be welcome as Team Mentors or support staff/volunteers.

Also, if you have any ideas about events or meetings where I can give presentations to large groups of suitable people, please let me know!

Registration for applications opens in January 2011, but you can express interest through our website right now: www.the-challenge.org/work-with-us

Here's more about the programme...

The Challenge youth programme: call for summer staff
www.the-challenge.org

The Challenge Network runs a national youth and community programme that exists to ‘inspire and connect young people across Britain to strengthen their communities’. It brings together sixteen year olds and challenges them to connect with people from different backgrounds, learn key skills for the workplace, and make a difference in their community. The programme will run in Northwest England (Bury, Blackburn, Preston and Wigan), West Midlands and London.

In 2011 we will be the leading provider of the government's National Citizen Service (NCS) and we are expecting to work with over 3,200 young people. In doing so we are planning to employ 800 summer staff, of which 500 will be paid roles.

The success of The Challenge depends heavily on the staff that work with the young people. We want to get a really good mix of staff to be mentors for the young people. This includes people from all races, religions and backgrounds, as long as they have a passion for working with young people.

Registration for applications opens in January 2011, but you can express interest through our website right now: www.the-challenge.org/work-with-us

Please spread the word about this unique community change programme and encourage those you think will make exceptional mentors to apply for the roles!

--
best wishes,
Kate