GlobalNet21: Recreating Our Futures Message Board Social Action › How Far Can A Tractor Go?

How Far Can A Tractor Go?

Francis S.
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 196
This is a campaign being organised by Pamela McLean one of our members and we hope many of our members will be interested in this and support it.

This is for John Dada a man we know and respect greatly. We launched this on Monday and have so far raised £3,450 towards the government subsided tractor John is trying to buy at short notice to help his local community and its integrated community development programme. We need another £6,550 by Monday. That's difficult but not impossible with social media.

Can we find 6,550 people who will be intrigued enough to give £1 just to be included in this amazing story? Or 1,310 who trust us enough to give £5 or 262 to give £25 or just a few with deeper pockets and/or greater trust? Nikki Fishman and I tell John Dada's story almost every week here http://www.dadamac.ne...­ so you can know what happens if we get this tractor for John's work - and what happens if we don't.

Please help spread the word and give what you feel fits your personal relationship with me, Steve, or John or your relationship with "development" or "making a difference" in general. It's a unique opportunity and against the clock.

On behalf of the people I know who are working there without any mechanical help (as one friend put it to me -"We labour like animals") please consider how you can help.

You can find out more and donate at http://fasttractor.ne...­