GlobalNet21: Recreating Our Futures Message Board General Discussion › Tea Party movment - a bunch of nuts.

Tea Party movment - a bunch of nuts.

A former member
Post #: 214
Hello John,

If you're not too busy, I'd like to bring this article by Vijay Boyapati to your attention. It argues against state directed health care far more eloquently than I can.

The aritcle really is rubbish. You might as well say there should be no legislation of equality laws because its an abuse of liberty.

The only problem with the health care reforms are that they don't go far enought. They should have NHS, free at the point of entry, funded out of the tax system based on the ablitity to pay/

A former member
Post #: 12
John wrote :
All this talk of liberty is just right wing tosh.

All men have equal rights to liberty, to their property, and to the protection of the laws.
Voltaire.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin.

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
George Bernard Shaw.

You can protect your liberties in this world only by protecting the other man's freedom. You can be free only if I am free.
Clarence Darrow

I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.
Frederic Bastiat

Namque pauci libertatem, pars magna iustos dominos volunt :: Only a few prefer liberty, the majority seek nothing more than fair masters.
Gaius Sallustius Crispus

At nos non imperium neque divitias petimus, quarum rerum causa bella atque certamina omnia inter mortales sunt, sed libertatem, quam nemo bonus nisi cum anima simul amittit :: But at power or wealth, for the sake of which wars, and all kinds of strife, arise among mankind, we do not aim; we desire only our liberty, which no honorable man relinquishes but with his life.
Gaius Sallustius Crispus
A former member
Post #: 216
John wrote :
All this talk of liberty is just right wing tosh.

All men have equal rights to liberty, to their property, and to the protection of the laws.
Voltaire.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin.

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
George Bernard Shaw.

You can protect your liberties in this world only by protecting the other man's freedom. You can be free only if I am free.
Clarence Darrow

I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.
Frederic Bastiat

Namque pauci libertatem, pars magna iustos dominos volunt :: Only a few prefer liberty, the majority seek nothing more than fair masters.
Gaius Sallustius Crispus

At nos non imperium neque divitias petimus, quarum rerum causa bella atque certamina omnia inter mortales sunt, sed libertatem, quam nemo bonus nisi cum anima simul amittit :: But at power or wealth, for the sake of which wars, and all kinds of strife, arise among mankind, we do not aim; we desire only our liberty, which no honorable man relinquishes but with his life.
Gaius Sallustius Crispus

You proved my point. What liberty is there for someone who dies because they can't affored health care?
You might as well say there should be on equal opportunities legislation because its an attack on liberty. Actually somepeople in America do say that.
When right wingers talk about liberty they are talking tosh. What they mean is the ability to conitinue to exploit.
The right in the US, ( and here for that matter) is against environmental legaisltion because it against liberty. That makes no sense.
They also belive in inequality.
A former member
Post #: 217
You might as well say people should be left to there own devices and sink or swim.
I don't see how providing health care for people who can't afford is an attack on liberity.