This is an event of Career Network Ministry's Tech Skills Team! The location is in 30 minutes of walk from the Spring Hill metro station of the Silver Line.
Join the study group to explore Integration and Stakeholder knowledge areas of PMBOK(r).
Come and Join others interested in obtaining their PMP certifications from Project Management Institute® (PMI). In this facilitated study group, members will lead discussions on one or more of PMI's 10 knowledge Areas. Each session will have seasoned PMP certified professionals in attendance to serve as facilitators: They will answer questions, advise, and provide guidance. Each week there will be a deep dive in two of the knowledge areas. You may attend all the sessions; or, you may attend only those sessions that discuss Knowledge Areas you need help understanding.
All Participants are encourage to volunteer to prepare a presentation on a Knowledge Area. This is intended to help the presenter get a deeper understanding and learn by sharing the knowledge. However, you can still participate if you chose not to present. The Facilitators will lead the Questions & Answers (Q&A) sessions, problem solving workshops, quizzes, or any combination.
This is intended to provide a low stress, low cost option to those that want a PMP certification.
Not ready to RSVP for the whole program? Visit http://www.meetup.com/globiz/ to RSVP for the PMP intro session (9am-10am) only.
Structure of each Saturday Meeting
• Session I: 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
• Working Lunch Sessions: 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM. (Only First and Last Saturday)
• Session II: 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Each Session will include:
• 1 hr. Presentation
• 1 hr. Q&A
• 1 hr. Problem Solving Workshops, Quizzes and reviews.
• Session I: Integration
• Working Lunch Session: Completing Your Application
• Session II: Stakeholder Management
• Session I: Scope
• Session II: Time
• Session I: Cost
• Session II: Procurement
• Session I: Risk
• Session II: Quality
• Session I: Human Relations
• Working Lunch Session: Ethics
• Session II: Communication
• PMI's A Guide to the PMBOK (Project Management Book of Knowledge)
For a limited time, this program is completely free. However, there is a $99 security deposit, which will be returned after you become a PMP or land a new or better job and stay in that job for more than 90 days.
We also can transfer your security deposit to our partner PMP training providers, if you request to.
Can the security deposit be waived?
The security deposit is waived for:
• Graduates of previous PMP boot camps that the Tech Skills Team organized.
• Personal guests of confirmed attendees.
• Volunteers of the Career Network Ministry based on its leadership request - please contact Ihar Irkho.
• Volunteers of the HIRE Ministry based on its leadership request - please contact John Coleman III.
• Tech Skills Team members in a good standing - your name should be displayed at
Why security deposit?
This program is expensive and costs thousands of dollars, which are paid by our donors. This program has been offered since June of 2012. However, a lack of motivation, committment and/or ability was its biggest problem until we introduced this security deposit. Please show us your interest to succeed and we will help you as much as we can at no cost to you.
PMP(r) is a trademark of the Project Management Institute Inc.
About the Facilitator
John Coleman, PhD., PMP has over 25 years as a leader of project, program, & portfolio management in the Defense and Aerospace Industry. Holds a MBA with Project Management concentration and Doctorate in Engineering Management.
The cafeteria usually doesn't work on Saturdays, so we will do a short lunch break. You are also welcome to bring a brown bag.
If you are not familiar with the facility, Room 1609 is located on the lower floor. Enter the 1B entrance, walk through the hallway and turn left following the "McLean University" signs.
Finally, dress code hasn't established yet - feel free to contribute to the future events and suggest one. Just in case, the room is air-conditioned.
Thank you very much!