Gloucester County Humanists Message Board › David Fitzgerald: Nailed

David Fitzgerald: Nailed

Janice R.
janicerael
Group Organizer
Clayton, NJ
Post #: 264
I had no idea he was on my FB friends list, but sure enough, he is! I've never really conversed with him.

He lives in San Francisco, I think airfare is out of our reach, even if we do collaborate with several groups.

For something like this, we would just want him to speak by himself. It costs a fortune to put on a panel discussion.

We might want to talk to Margaret Downey at the Freethought Society about co-hosting a meeting, or talk with Lisa at NJHN. But I think David may cost too much for us.
Bill R.
jwreitter
Glassboro, NJ
Post #: 40
Perhaps David will be visiting the East Coast in the future on a book tour. That would be the time to set up a speaking engagement. See also the video: The God Who Wasn't There, and books: The Jesus Puzzle, and The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man.

The more you research the Jesus Myth the more you realize that the Jesus figure is wrapped in mythology and folklore, and shrouded in the mists of ancient storytelling. There is no historical proof, or even any solid evidence, of the existence of the Jesus figure, and Paul of Tarsus knew nothing of the earthly savior, only the heavenly vision....and he was the main proponent of Christianity!

You can Google "The Jesus Myth" to learn more...but be prepared for lots of blowback from the Christian apologists...because without the earthly savior they may feel doomed. Religion is based on blind faith, false hopes, wishful thinking and empty promises. It has been a harmful but successful con game because of the gullibility of the ignorant and the naivety of the young.

I know because I was one of them for over 24 years. Then I saw the light. It was a rude awakening. But I would rather face the hard truth of our mortality than succumb to the false comfort of fantasy. Atheists and Humanists are not afraid of death, judgment and hellfire. We embrace life all the more because, although too brief, it is everything to us...Our mortality makes life all the more precious, and worth celebrating and enjoying.

Thanks to Janice and Vince for all your comments. This would be a good topic for one of our meetings.