add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Gloucester County Humanists Message Board › Vegan Reserach Study. Would you like to participate?

Vegan Reserach Study. Would you like to participate?

Bill R.
Glassboro, NJ
Post #: 17

My name is Kelly Blanco and I am a graduate student in the Department of Dietetics & Nutrition at Florida International University in Miami, Florida. I am conducting a research study to examine the intake of calcium, vitamin D, and phosphorus in vegans. In order to accomplish this, I am requesting permission to recruit subjects from your organization to participate in this study.

I am requesting assistance to provide the link to the online survey for your members and to encourage them to fill out the survey which will take about 20 to 30 minutes of their time. It will provide information on vegans’ dietary habits which are often neglected in research and will aid dietitians in helping vegans plan an adequate diet to meet all of their nutrient needs.

The estimated duration of the study is about four weeks and I am seeking a total of 150 – 200 participants to complete the survey. I plan to conduct the study now in September 2011.

Thank you for your help in carrying out this research study. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated.

Kelly Blanco, <>

Master’s Graduate Student

Florida International University