GoLangPhilly Message Board › Last Nights Meetup Notes

Last Nights Meetup Notes

Dan W.
djworh
Group Organizer
Morrisville, PA
Post #: 2
Hey Everyone,

We had a great meetup last night. Below I will try to summarize some of the topics and direction we're going to take with this meetup.

First, I would like to thank all who gave lightning talks last night. The talks were great and the slides have been shared at GoLang Philly G+ Community

After our second meetup we'll be shooting for the second Wednesday of every month to host a meeting. The second meetup is going to be a coding style meetup which is very exciting. Everyone seemed to be in the being stages with Go so I believe this type of meetup will be great. The general idea is to come up with a couple of different problems that we can start to work on individually and then meet as a group to finish and discuss.

Communication is going to happen mostly via the Discussions section and comments on Meetup but I've also created a G+ Community for the group linked above. I've also created a @GoLangPhilly­ twitter account that I will try to post information to in 140 characters or less...

Also, if anyone is interested or knows any interested parties I'm trying to lineup a speaker for our meetup in July. Please spread the word about this group with anyone interested in Go or is looking to learn a new language.

I want to thank DramaFever­ for the Pizza and Space they provided for our meeting last night.

I'm probably missed a few items from last night but I think this is most of the important/interesting topics.

Thanks,
Dan W.