In the run up to the 100-Mile Endurance Challenge (
http://100ec.org) on October 22-23, 2011 we will be hold training runs along the actual (new)
course. In all, we plan to run eight (8) 25-mile segments over the next two months. You don't have to sign up for the race in order to participate. All runners (that is, all runners who, for some reason, want to run 25 miles) can come.
This time, we will be running the first segment from:
100 Mile Club
507 South Vicentia Avenue
Corona, CA 92882
3000 W. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92868
All RSVPs are handled through meetup.com. This event is free. But, you must signup with meetup.com (pretty easy).
Mark your calendar for these upcoming runs. These dates are tentative. We will schedule more runs as these dates get closer.
Aug 13 (Sat) - 7am - Segment 1
Aug 20 (Sat) - 7am - Segment 2
Aug 27 (Sat) - 7am - Segment 3
Sep 3 (Sat) - 7am - Segment 4
The rest of the runs are in
real-time (you know, like Jack Bauer!), approx. when we will be running them on the day/night of the event (notice the start times below). Yes, 3am!
Sep 24 (Sat) - 8:30am - Segment 1
Sep 25 (Sun) - 2:30pm - Segment 2
Sep 30 (Fri) - 9pm - Segment 3
Oct 2 (Sun) - 3am - Segment 4
- We ask that runners target a 13-15 minute/mile pace (roughly 6 hours). If you don't think you can manage this pace, we would ask that you start the course early so that you finish at about 1:00pm.
- We will need at least two volunteers to meet runners at the end point at 6:30am and transport them to the start by 7am. We will need one additional volunteer to drive the first set of volunteers back to their car when we are done. If you don't want to run, you can still volunteer to meet the runners in the middle of the course. Depending on where you live, volunteering could actually be to your benefit. If you want to volunteer, please mention this when you sign up or send me an
email. I will send out emails to the runners if I don't get enough volunteers.
- There will be water along the way. But, you will need a water backpack or two hand-held water bottles. Bring a hat and sunscreen. We may have help, but assume these runs are self-supported. So bring food, cash and moleskin (for blisters) as well.
- We have limited the number of runners to 12. Therefore, please RSVP (don't just show up). If you have signed up and can't make it, please cancel. You can do this through meetup.com or just send me an email (even if it's 5 minutes before we start running... I will be checking my email from my phone). Otherwise, we will be waiting around for you to arrive.
- All RSVPs are handled through meetup.com. This event is free. But, you must signup with meetup.com (pretty easy).
- These dates are tentative. We will schedule more runs as these dates get closer.
- If you are from out of town or can't make these events, please consider running something like this in order to build confidence and endurance. Our goal is for everyone to finish!