Good Deeds Society Message Board Good Deeds Society Discussion Forum › Giving and Receiving

Giving and Receiving

A former member
Post #: 7
Hi!

I started a Time Bank in Uptown Minneapolis and surrounding neighborhoods. If anyone lives in the area or knows anyone who does please pass on the info. Time banking is...

The Uptown Minneapolis Time Bank was started in 2012 with four main goals:

Strengthen the fabric of our community.
Serve people and give them a means to serve.
Establish new relationships and meet real needs of our community members.
Create an alternative and sustainable model for living.

Uptown Minneapolis Time Bank is member led for adults in neighborhoods in and surrounding Uptown Minneapolis. We hope to create local connections in the community and inspire sustainable living through Time Banking.

We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others.

To learn more about Time Banking go to www.timebanks.org

To sign up for Uptown Minneapolis Time Bank go to www.uptownmpls.timebanks.org You will receive three credit hours just for signing up to get you started exchanging!

Look forward to meeting you!

Marcelene
Alexis
lxe
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 488
This is a brilliant concept. I've been on the Golden Valley one for a while, but it's not very active. I hope more people learn about and use this system soon!!