March 15, 2014 · 9:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Let's get out and enjoy another nice spring outdoor parade in B.R.
"..Baton Rouge's St Patrick's Day parade and celebration is a really big event. . It's big, it's fun and it's crazy but it's safe for the whole family so check it....
This writer suggested the best place to go hang out is around the Perkin's road overpass. where all the best bars and restaurants are. They put on their best for St Patty's day including LIVE BANDS and GOOD FOOD.
"Thousands of people hang out in this area so it feels like one big tailgate party"
Magpie Cafe (Link) The restaurant is official CLOSED. It is 2 blocks from the overpass and there are several restaurants on the parade route (listed below) right there.
The Wearin' of the Green Parade begins at the intersection by the Catholic Life Center:
· Starts at Hundred Oaks and South Acadian Thruway
· Proceeds down Hundred Oaks, turns right on Eugene
· Down Eugene, makes left on Terrace
· Takes final left on Perkins Road
· Continues down Perkins Road over the overpass
· Parade ends at intersection of Stanford and Perkins Road