Goodyear Boating & yachting Association
*Established in 1955 on Cottage Grove Lake of the Portage Lakes State Park.
*Club grounds, leased from I.B.H., feature a private launch ramp, secure parking area, docks for members use, and yearly dock rental. A large picnic pavilion with a playground for small children in a park like atmosphere and is available for rent to our members for large gatherings with kitchen availability.
Members consists of employees of Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company We have expanded the membership to the public.
Meetings are held the third Thursday of each month during warm weather on club grounds. Social Activities
* Social activities vearly from year to year depending on chairperson and volunteers to organize each activity. Typical events include;
* Opening day in May
* National Holidays with Commodore's Pancake breakfast
* Family Picnics
* Moonlight cruises
* Corn roast
* Halloween Party
* Nomination Dinner/Meeting
* Christmas Party
* Commodore's Dinner (January, following year)
* Various Saturday Cookout's for members
* Sponsor to Sea Scout Ship 5001