Come join us! We are boat owners who like boating on portage lakes, Having picnics, parties, bonfires, and lots of summer fun . (We are not a boat rental) Membership fee is required.
Members consists of past and current employees of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and we have expanded the membership to others.
Goodyear Boating & Yacthing Association
*Established in 1955 on Gottage Grove Lake of the Portage Lakes State Park.
*Club grounds, leasted from I.B.H., feature a private launch ramp, secure parking area, docks for members use, a large picnic pavilion with a playgroound for small childern in a park like atmosphere and is available for rent to our members for large gatherings with kitchen availability.
* Meetings are held the third thursday of each month during warm weather on the camp grounds.
* Social activities veary from year to year depending on chairperson and volunteers to organize each activity. Typical events include;
* Opening day in May
* National Holidays with Commodor's Pancake breackfast
* Family Picnics
* Corn Roast
* Halloween Party
* Nomination Dinner/Meeting
* Christmas Party
* Commodore's Dinner( January following year)
* Various Saturday Cookout's for members
* Sponsor to Sea Scout Ship 5001
membership fees $150. per year, Call Carol Lucas for more information,