Orlando Humanist Association Message Board › HUNDREDS OF (SATIRICAL) PROOFS OF GOD’S EXISTENCE!!!

HUNDREDS OF (SATIRICAL) PROOFS OF GOD’S EXISTENCE!!!

Swami
swami_pixelguy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 472
HUNDREDS OF (SATIRICAL) PROOFS OF GOD’S EXISTENCE!!!

Here are just a few to get ya started...

ARGUMENT FROM BELIEF
(1) If God exists, then I should believe in Him.
(2) I believe in God.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

ARGUMENT FROM FEAR
(1) If there is no God then we're all going to not exist after we die.
(2) I'm afraid of that.

ARGUMENT FROM THE BIBLE
(1) [arbitrary passage from OT]
(2) [arbitrary passage from NT]

ARGUMENT FROM INTIMIDATION, a.k.a. TOMAS DE TORQUEMADA'S ARGUMENT
(1) See this bonfire?
(2) Therefore, God exists.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

ARGUMENT FROM FALLIBILITY
(1) Human reasoning is inherently flawed.
(2) Therefore, there is no reasonable way to challenge a proposition.
(3) I propose that God exists.
(4) Therefore, God exists.

ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
(1) Eric Clapton is God.

And perhaps my favorite...

ARGUMENT FROM META-SMUGNESS
(1) Fuck you.

(LOTS) more here...
Jairo M.
JamyangPawo
Longwood, FL
Post #: 1,418
Argument to end all arguments

"God is an experience. It's not a study, an essay, or an argument. Either you are inundated with it or you are not. God is as real as someone touching your hand. That's how much you can feel Spirit inside of you. It is as real as the beating of your heart. You feel it flowing through your being." Michael Singer

Michael Singer was on Oprah this Sunday live on OWN and on Oprah.com Actually on right now if you read this soon after I post this go to http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/event-viewing.html­
it may be archived. Or try http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/Preview-Oprah-and-Michael-Singer-Video­

“East is East and West is West, but Michael Singer bridges these two great traditions in a radiant treatise on how to succeed in life from our spiritual quest to our everyday tribulations. Freud said that life was composed of love and work. With great eloquence, wit, and compelling logic, Singer's brilliant book completes this thought by showing them to be two poles of the same selfless devotion.”

-Ray Kurzweil

Inventor, National Medal of Technology recipient and author of The Age of Spiritual Machines, The Singularity is Near, and other books

Michael Singer lives near Gainesville, so I hope to visit him and listen and learn from God.

Update: The episode with Michael Singer was re-streamed at 2:00p Eastern Sunday. It will also be archived on Oprah.com/supersoulsunday (Full Episode) and on Facebook.com/owntv (Super Soul Sunday Livestream)

--------------------------------------­---------------------------

PS: Therefore the argument to consider having is:
(1) God thinks
(2) Therefore I am

Therefore it is more meaningful to . . .

Prove that "I" exist

Please undertake this exercise for your own "I" not mine. I will do likewise for my "I".