Orlando Humanist Association Message Board › Obama Administration Invites Atheists to Interfaith Planning on Campus

Obama Administration Invites Atheists to Interfaith Planning on Campus

Jack M.
suite144
Group Organizer
Orlando, FL
Post #: 951
Article and comments:

http://www.richarddaw...­
Norma Jeane Y.
user 10853625
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 27

Good News Indeed!

It's About TIME! that atheists {including the variety of people who are in the "Evolving Spectrum" of "Non-believers"--such as Humanists, Agnostics, Freethinkers, etc. & Self-named--such as myself who I "call" an "Evolving-Truth Traveler" (at this moment) -- while still "leaving the door open" to try on/experiment with/adopt other monikers as the need/desire arises.}

Having been raised/brainwashed from birth through college in an extremely dogmatic, egocentric, Christian/christian fundamentalist religion (cult),--& going through costly, painful shedding of those layers of toxicity; I am more leery of dogma than anything else in the realm of religion/spirituality/faith/philosophy. Dogma, to me, is anti-civilization advancement. Dogma has been responsible for the murder of millions throughout history.

Dogma is Anti-Life. Keeps Life from evolving & growing. Keeps people from questioning--which is necessary to finding solutions to everything. Dogma is anti-science. A dogmatician has concretized beliefs that are closed to questioning. Scientists have hypotheses that are theories--that are Open to Questioning, examination & experimentation. I've conducted my own life in the attitude of a Scientist. That's why I "call myself" an "Open-to-Evolving-Truth Traveler."

Just because I view myself as a non-believer in traditional dogma, doesn't mean that I don't have "faith." I have faith (or trust, as I prefer to use, so as not to confuse the word most often associated with traditional religion) that the sun will come up "Tomorrow"smile; that humans will solve their problems; that underneath the "garbage" of the "dark side" of humans is the lighter side that manifests in many forms of LOVE.love struck I "believe" (have trust) that humans are innately Good--not innately Evil. I don't believe in the "Doctrine of Original Sin" anymore. I "believe" in the "Doctrine of Original Innocence" (my own term) -- because I've Experienced that. I Trust my Own Experience more than I do fossilized Dogma.

--Norma