GrPhpDev - Grand Rapids PHP Developers Message Board › Website Operations - recommendation for training, consulting services, or a

Website Operations - recommendation for training, consulting services, or a third party to perform

Warren Y.
w_young
Chicago, IL
Post #: 7
Does anyone have any recommendations of companies or individuals who offer training or consulting services, on website operations, or does anyone have any recommendations of hosting providers who perform basic operations functions in addition to their website hosting?

I am looking for a training class or consulting services, that cover the basic operations processes every website should implement prior to launch.

Some topics I'm looking to learn are

- Best practices for backing up data (What tool to use? Where to backup the data to? Etc.)
- Best practices for website monitoring
- My site is generating user content, which is very valuable to me. Should I entrust my hosting provider to perform database backups for me?
- What else?

Or, I am looking for a hosting provider that performs basic operations functions as a service they offer, in addition to their website hosting.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

If context is of any help, I have built a custom PHP site where users create an account to use the site (so there is some personal information saved - name, email, password - as well as the ability to upload a single profile photo, a la Meetup or LinkedIn), and users generate content, which is text - not photos or videos. The site has nothing to do with information like social security numbers, banking information, investing information, medical information, etc., so I am not looking to protect data of that nature. While I am trying to take the appropriate steps to make my site secure, I also want to take the appropriate steps to backup the data in the event a ne'er-do-well attacks my site.

I am a team of one and do not have an extensive skill set when it comes to website ops. With all of my other responsibilities, I do not have the time to master website operations. I am hoping there are some tools I can learn that will automate many of the tasks that should be performed, or that I can outsource this function to a trustworthy third party.