We play pick-up every Tuesday night at Windy City Fieldhouse. The group always gets good reviews from those in attendance for being solid play, being open to new players and overall friendly and fun. Open gym is a great way to get some solid basketball action. Skill level is drawing more intermediate level players. However, all are welcome.
Depending on the number of people, we will break out into groups 3v3 half court, 4v4 or 5v5 full court. There is a max of 20 people allowed per open gym so you will get a lot of playing time! If we do get 20, we divide into 4 teams of 5 and have a mini-tournament which is a great time.
Cost: Note that there is an incentive to RSVP and pay in advance but you are definitely welcome to just come out that night.
RSVP and pay online = $10
RSVP and pay in person = $12
Come out that night and pay = $15
If you want to bring a ball, that's fine but we will have balls to play.
Plan on playing 90 minutes. Depending on the number of people, we will either all play or we will break into three even squads for a round robin approach.
Event guarantee!! If you RSVP and PAY online and the event is canceled due to low participation numbers, we will first either refund your payment or defer to the next week AND you will receive another week FREE!
Anything else you need to know?
- WCF is located at Logan/Western right by the Target - plenty of free parking.
- We provide all equipment. When we can we divide games up by skill level (beginner through advanced).
- We play for approximately 90 minutes -- two hours if running mini-tournament.
- Please RSVP and arrive on time! When we have enough for more than one court, we will divide the group into two skill levels.
- Note that many people do show up the night of - so don't be worried if you see a few people rsvp'd here. It is only $10 to rsvp online though!
- RSVP deadline is 4:00 pm day of event. After that time, you can still come out at the drop-in rate.
- Stretching and warming up prevents injuries. Please be sure to do this before you start playing.
- Bring water or a sports drink with you.
- These games are meant to be fun and enjoyable by everyone who attends. Please play safely and with sportsmanship. We can't wait to see you out there!
Tell your friends! Please help us get the word out on this fun pick-up program.
If you have any questions, call us[masked] or e-mail Lynn at sportsmonster.net