Boston Groovy Grails & Spring Message Board › Integrating SAM 2.0 SSO with Grails Acegi / Spring Security Application

Integrating SAM 2.0 SSO with Grails Acegi / Spring Security Application

Jeffrey S.
user 26942612
Boston, MA
Post #: 1
I have an existing Grails app which utilizes the Acegi / Spring security plugin. It does not support SAML 2.0 SSO authentication as one it's AuthenticationProviders. Has anyone happened to work on this in a project? My project will be using PortalGuard as the IDP. Ideally I want to implement some of the interface and abstract classes in the spring framework so I can plug them into the existing architecture. Just looking for general advice and direction on this if people have some experience with it.
Burt B.
burtbeckwith
Somerville, MA
Post #: 3
The old Acegi/Spring Security plugin is pretty much dead. Any chance you can upgrade to spring-security-core? There's an extension plugin that might help you: http://grails.org/plu...­
Jeffrey S.
user 26942612
Boston, MA
Post #: 2
We will be upgrading to the newer plugin next year but not right now. We have lots of other existing code that depends on acegi so it would be a big project when we upgrade. I have been looking at the saml extension code and my plan is try to and adapt it to work within acegi. Do you not think this is possible because I don't have the newer spring security? I have a tight deadline for this integration so don't want to waste time on a plan that takes me down a rabbit's hole. I was under the impression that acegi and spring security are pretty similar from an architecture standpoint.
Burt B.
burtbeckwith
Somerville, MA
Post #: 4
I haven't worked much with SAML so I'm not sure how much work it'd be. But the current plugin uses Spring Security 3 which isn't compatible with Spring Security 2 which is used in the older plugin - they renamed some classes and packages and did a bunch of other refactoring. You might want to contact the author of the spring-security-saml plugin (Alvaro Sanchez-Mariscal, alvaro.sanchez@salenda.es).
Jeffrey S.
user 26942612
Boston, MA
Post #: 3
Thank I will try that.